Many companies (large and small) seek to fund the development of innovative new products by applying for grants. Putting together a successful application is a challenge… but be careful what you wish for! A grant should help you develop your business and not distract from it. Taking care to make sure there is a fit between your business aims, the scope of the grant, as well as the needs of any bidding partners is vital to writing a bid that wins the grant - and is a success for all stakeholders.
The starting point is to clearly understand your businesses own value proposition… a revision from previous workshops -
• how your company serves its customers; what problems you solve
• your business offering - the benefits that customers pay for;
• the scale of the market and the segments you are targeting
The question then is - what to bid for?
• what are the sources of grants?
• how do they select who receives them?
• does the scope of a grant fit with the aims for your business?
Finally, how do to put a bid together
• why you should consider partnering on a bid; who with; and how that affects your approach?
• how should the bid be shaped to address what assessors are looking for?
• what are the lessons from experience?
This hands-on workshop will help you consider how to understand the value of a grant in developing your business - rather than distracting from it. It will provide insight into the demands of finding and putting together a grant application which then benefits from an understanding of the needs of the grant provider and importantly, their assessor.
If you would like to book onto this event, please visit the Evenbrite page: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/grant-funding-workshop-tickets-62489729463