BUSINESS SKILLS WORKSHOP
‘Bidding for Innovation Grants’
SETsquared Surrey has developed a series of Business Skills workshops that address some of the most common challenges faced by start-ups companies.
We are delighted to announce that the next of these workshops is called 'Bidding for Innovation Grants'.
Time: 9:30am-1:30pm (including sandwich lunch)
Facilitator: Keith Dixon
Speakers : Grant Day and Peter Lancaster – University of Surrey grant applications
Many companies (large and small) seek to fund the development of innovative new products by applying for grants. Putting together a successful application is a challenge… but be careful what you wish for! A grant should help you develop your business and not distract from it. Taking care to make sure there is a fit between your business aims, the scope of the grant, as well as the needs of any bidding partners is vital to writing a bid that wins the grant - and is a success for all stakeholders.
The starting point is to clearly understand your businesses own value proposition… a revision from previous workshops -
· how your company serves its customers; what problems you solve
· your business offering - the benefits that customers pay for;
· the scale of the market and the segments you are targeting
The question then is - what to bid for?
· what are the sources of grants?
· how do they select who receives them?
· does the scope of a grant fit with the aims for your business?
Finally, how do to put a bid together
· why you should consider partnering on a bid; who with; and how that affects your approach?
· how should the bid be shaped to address what assessors are looking for?
· what are the lessons from experience?
This hands-on workshop will help you consider how to understand the value of a grant in developing your business - rather than distracting from it. It will provide insight into the demands of finding and putting together a grant application which then benefits from an understanding of the needs of the grant provider and importantly, their assessor.
Places are limited so please email Charlotte Watson (email@example.com) if you would like to attend and if you wish to include any of your team members.